Do YOU want to be a Westmont Cheerleader?
If you missed the May tryouts, fear not! There are Mid-Season Tryouts in October 2017!
Step 1: Understand the Mid Season duties
Mid Season members will NOT participate at Football Games
Mid Season includes:
- Basketball Games (Home games only)
- Regional Competitions (1 per month, December - February)
- Nationals (optional)
- STUNT Team (must attend 1 STUNT game)
Mid Season Term is from Mid October 2017 - May 2018
Step 2: Meet the Coaches
Mandatory Parent and Member Meeting: Tuesday, September 26th, 6-7PM. Location: WHS Library
This meeting is mandatory for all Tryout candidates and parents. If you are not able to make this meeting, please contact Coach Kelly prior to the meeting.
Step 3: Tryout for the Team
Tryout Week is October 3rd and 5th (Mandatory)
Tryout Clinics: Learn the Tryout Material!
- October 3rd, 6-8PM. Location: WHS Cafeteria
- Learn the Tryout Cheer and the Tryout Dance, Learn Jumps and practice tumbling/stunts
Official Tryouts: Perform in front of the Judges!
- October 5th, 5-8PM, Location: WHS Cafeteria
- 5-6PM: Practice the Tryout Cheer and Dance.
- 6-8PM: Members will tryout in groups of 4-5 members.
The JV and Varsity 2017-2018 Cheer Teams will be listed in the following areas:
- Westmont High School, Cafeteria Window. When: Friday, October 6th, 8AM
- Cheer Website, under the Teams tab. When: Friday, October 6th, 8AM