Do YOU want to be a Westmont Cheerleader?
If you missed the May tryouts, fear not! There are Mid-Season Tryouts in October 2017!
Step 1: Understand the Mid Season duties
Mid Season members will NOT participate at Football Games
Mid Season includes:
- Basketball Games (Home games only)
- Regional Competitions (1 per month, December and January)
- Nationals (optional, February 22-25, 2018)
- STUNT Team (must attend 1 STUNT game March-April)
Mid Season Term is from Mid October 2017 - May 2018
Step 2: Meet the Coaches
Mandatory Parent and Member Meeting: (only attend one meeting)
Monday, October 2nd, 6-7PM. Location: WHS Library
Tuesday, October 3rd, 7-8PM. Location: WHS Library
This meeting is mandatory for all Tryout candidates and parents. If you are not able to make either of these meetings, please contact Coach Kelly prior to the meeting.
Step 3: Tryout for the Team
Tryout Week is October 2nd-5th (Mandatory)
Tryout Clinics: Learn the Tryout Material!
- Monday, October 2nd, 6-8PM. Location: WHS Cafeteria
- Tuesday, October 3rd, 6-8PM. Location: WHS Cafeteria
- Learn the Tryout Cheer and the Tryout Dance, Learn Jumps and practice tumbling/stunts
Official Tryouts: Perform in front of the Judges!
- Thursday October 5th, 5-8PM, Location: WHS Cafeteria
- 5-6PM: Practice the Tryout Cheer and Dance.
- 6-8PM: Members will tryout in groups of 4-5 members.
The JV and Varsity 2017-2018 Cheer Teams will be listed in the following areas:
- Westmont High School, Cafeteria Window. When: Friday, October 6th, 8AM
- Cheer Website, under the Teams tab. When: Friday, October 6th, 8AM
- First Day of Practice will be Tuesday, October 24th, 2017